Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership, Ascend Indiana collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
AmeriCorps Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) is a year-long service opportunity through the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). AmeriCorps VISTA’s mission is to strengthen organizations that alleviate poverty through capacity building and the mobilization of resources. VISTA members sign on for a one-year term of service and will receive a modest living allowance, an end of service education award, and various professional development opportunities.
The Ascend Network Employer Success Coordinator will support the management and ongoing execution of systems and processes to serve candidates of all experience levels as the Network scales statewide. The Employer Success Coordinator will assist with efforts to develop, maintain, and track strong employer relationships to achieve partners’ objectives by understanding employer demand, communicating employer needs, and supporting employer recruitment efforts through the Network. In addition, the Employer Success Coordinator will focus on ensuring women and minority-owned businesses have access to talented candidates from historically underrepresented populations, increasing candidate access to meaningful and self-sustaining opportunities. The Employer Success Coordinator will also create engaging curriculum for current and potential employer and community partners to share best practices for equitable recruitment through the Network and other topics as identified. This includes:
- Developing and strengthening relationships with current Network employer partners while expanding partnerships with new employers across the state, including women- and minority-owned businesses.
- Conducting research on current demand, labor market trends, and other workforce and economic development topics in Indiana by synthesizing national, state, and local workforce data from multiple stakeholders.
The Ascend Network Talent Success Coordinator will support Ascend’s ability to engage job and internship seekers and connect them to the Ascend Network. The Talent Success Coordinator will enable Ascend’s Talent Identification team by developing marketing content and materials; preparing materials for higher education and community partner convenings; and coordinating and preparing for on-campus events. The Talent Success Coordinator’s efforts will advance Ascend’s vision and ensure underrepresented candidates (e.g., first-generation college students, Pell Grant recipients, people of color) have access to meaningful and self-sustaining careers as the organization expands its efforts statewide. This includes:
- Furthering Ascend’s efforts to market available jobs and internships to candidates, encouraging them to engage with Ascend’s resources and the Ascend Network to secure jobs and internships.
- Building and maintaining higher education and community partnerships across the state, increasing Ascend’s ability to market the Network and job opportunities to candidates.
- Auditing candidate engagement across the talent identification process, reviewing outcomes, identifying areas of opportunity, and recommending strategies for ensuring the advancement of underrepresented candidates.
- Conducting research on current supply, labor market trends, and other workforce and economic development topics in Indiana by synthesizing national, state, and local workforce data and working on additional projects.
The Brand and Creative Coordinator will provide creative input on Ascend’s brand and messaging to ensure Ascend can effectively connect low-income individuals to meaningful and self-sustaining job and internship opportunities with Indiana employers at scale. The Brand and Creative Coordinator will act as the creative liaison between Ascend’s communications team and Ascend’s core workstreams—Network and Services—to develop digital and print materials that will drive desired messaging and further Ascend’s vision of connecting more Hoosiers with good and promising careers. This includes:
- Translating Ascend’s updated messaging into communications that will reach new audiences through various channels, including on-campus events, social media, and digital and traditional marketing.
- Promoting brand growth and expansion through the creation of new templates across design platforms (including PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Monitoring application of the updated brand and determine areas for improvement (in consistency, implementation, etc.) among the team.
To ensure Ascend can effectively connect low-income individuals to meaningful and self-sustaining job and internship opportunities with Indiana employers at scale, Ascend is seeking a Training and Learning Development Coordinator. The Training and Learning Development Coordinator will support the expansion of the organization during a period of exciting growth through the research and development of training and onboarding processes, materials, and content, as well as work on regional prosperity in Central Indiana. The Training and Learning Development Coordinator will be responsible for researching best practices, reviewing training resources, developing accurate and consistent training and onboarding materials, and executing strategies that lead to data collection and strategic planning for future trainings and onboardings. This includes:
- Strengthening Ascend’s human assets onboarding and training structures to ensure that the Ascend team is well-positioned to identify and connect individuals to career opportunities in Indiana, as well as track and report progress towards goals.
- Conducting research on topics related to regional prosperity in central Indiana that impact where individuals choose to live and work.