Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
The Consulting Analyst plays a critical role in closing our state’s talent gaps through developing and delivering comprehensive talent pipeline and strategic plan solutions for central Indiana clients. The Consulting Analyst will assist in the identification of client needs, conduct research on the current employment landscape, create deliverables for clients and client meetings, and manage project timelines and execution. The Consulting Analyst will interact with and support client meetings under the direction of the Vice President of Consulting and Director of Consulting.
To be successful in this role you must be…
Excited by the opportunity to build talent pipelines and strategic plans alongside employers and higher education partners across the state.
- You conduct research and analyze data to develop relevant solutions to address specific talent needs.
- You assist with the development of project road maps, set milestones, and identify project objectives within identified scope.
- You understand and diagnose clients’ talent needs through meetings with clients and key stakeholders.
- You anticipate client and team needs and deliver high quality solutions.
- You provide input and ideas on how to efficiently and effectively address client needs.
A strategic thinker with the desire to develop high-quality content and deliverables alongside our clients.
- You analyze complex issues, identify trends and implications, and develop recommendations and guidance for clients.
- You assist with the preparation of materials and deliverables for client meetings and manage meeting next steps.
- You analyze data and information collected, identify gaps, determine additional information that is needed, and develop recommendations.
- You continually conduct research on the national, state, and local workforce landscape as it relates to client needs.
- You generate high-quality PowerPoint, Word, Excel, InDesign and other written deliverables.
- You secure appropriate feedback and signoff on all deliverables.
Comfortable supporting business development efforts.
- You provide excellent service and stewardship that retains clients and leads to renewals.
- You research potential clients and potential needs aligning to Ascend Indiana’s core capabilities.
- You assist with the development of consulting agreements for new clients
- You develop processes for sustainability.
- You identify opportunities to introduce appropriate additional services and products that will enhance the value of engagements.
Motivated by aggressive goals and driven to make an impact.
- You are organized and outcomes-focused. You track your progress daily and react quickly if you are not on track to accomplishing your goals.
- You break down goals and develop weekly, quarterly, and yearly plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- You manage and report against goals, priorities, and objectives to the Director of Consulting.
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA from either an undergraduate or graduate institution.
- 2-3 years of applicable education, business, non-profit, and/or government experience.
- Preferred experience in consulting, project management, and/or research.
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading projects and achieving ambitious outcomes.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable activities, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Track record of successfully working collaboratively within a team.
- Demonstrate ethical handling of confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required.
- Manager: Director of Consulting, Ascend Indiana
- Office location: 16 Tech Innovation District with temporary remote work
- Work week: 40+ hours / week
- Travel: Statewide (15% - 20%)
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Sheesley-Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).