Creative Brand Manager
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
The Creative Brand Manager executes day-to-day marketing and brand initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to maintain Ascend’s brand and drive engagement, participation, and retention across stakeholder groups. This includes managing Ascend’s visual presence for stakeholders throughout Indiana, leading the creation of marketing materials and other branded deliverables such as social media images, reports, InDesign and PowerPoint templates, as well as drafting, scheduling, and monitoring Ascend’s social media presence to ensure consistency and positive brand recognition across the organization. Finally, the Creative Brand Manager will support other marketing initiatives such as planning, implementing, and monitoring marketing campaigns individually and alongside external vendors, as well as drafting and updating content on the website. The Creative Brand Manager will collaborate cross-functionally as necessary and will support the Director of Marketing or Vice President of Community Relations on high priority projects and initiatives as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must be...
An experienced graphic designer who enjoys creating branded materials and managing organizational brand across multiple outlets and platforms.
- You will implement the application of Ascend’s brand across the organization, including but not limited to website and digital channels, organizational resources (e.g., letterhead, business cards, templates, etc.), and marketing materials for Ascend and the Ascend Network platform to a variety of audiences.
- You will create messaging and marketing collateral aligned to organizational messaging and brand.
- You will design student success stories, employer announcements, and other Ascend branded visuals for upcoming social media posts.
- You will create and maintain branded templates for the team and teach staff members how to utilize them appropriately, internally and externally.
- You will design Ascend Services consulting deliverables, including strategic plans and replication guides, for organizations statewide.
An experienced social media user who will manage Ascend’s online presence, including social media platforms and website.
- You will write thoughtful and engaging content for Ascend’s Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts, as well as create images consistent with Ascend’s brand and messaging.
- You will develop a weekly social media calendar that aligns with Ascend’s current communications priorities and goals.
- You will schedule social media posts to maximize viewership and engagement across all Ascend’s social media platforms and to drive Ascend Network sign-ups.
- You will research and develop ideas to increase followers and engagement via Ascend’s social media channels.
- You will create email templates and manage marketing email cadences for effective automated email campaigns.
- You will manage list segmentation for email outreach by the Ascend Network team leveraging Ascend’s customer relationship management (CRM) tool, Microsoft Dynamics.
- You will support marketing campaigns, including search, display, and social advertising campaigns, alongside Ascend leadership and vendors as appropriate.
- You will support improvement and growth strategies for Ascend’s digital channels and conduct ongoing analysis to monitor progress.
Energized to further Ascend’s brand and marketing strategy alongside the team.
- You will take charge of your learning and stay up to date on marketing and digital trends through available opportunities.
- You will think broadly about the impact of Ascend and optimize processes and structures to enhance outcomes for our stakeholders.
- You will work alongside the Director and/or Vice President to determine the short-term and long-term strategy and objectives of Ascend’s marketing efforts.
- You will analyze data and outcomes, applying disciplined thought to underlying causes, proposing solutions to address those causes, and identifying solutions alongside the Director and Vice President.
Motivated by ambitious goals and driven to make an impact.
- You are organized and outcomes focused. You track your progress daily and react quickly if you are not on track to accomplishing your goals.
- You break down goals and develop weekly, quarterly, and yearly plans to achieve marketing objectives.
- You generate high-quality PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and other written deliverables to support onboarding, reporting, and relationship-building processes.
- You manage and report against goals, priorities, and objectives to the Director and/or Vice President on a regular basis.
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA from either an undergraduate or graduate institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a marketing role.
- Demonstrated success in designing branded deliverables.
- Working knowledge of email marketing software, database management, and Google Analytics.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience in social media content and management.
- Strong writing skills.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable activities, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Ability to learn new technology tools and processes quickly.
- Record of successfully working collaboratively within a team.
- Demonstrate ethical handling of confidential information.
- Manager: Director of Marketing, Ascend Indiana
- Direct Reports: None
- Office location: 16 Tech, downtown Indianapolis, currently hybrid and in-office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays each week.
- Work week: 40+ hours/week
- Travel: Minimal
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).