Director of Marketing
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
The Director of Marketing leads marketing and brand initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to drive engagement, participation, and retention of various stakeholder groups. The Director of Marketing will plan, implement, and monitor marketing campaigns individually and alongside external vendors, as well as manage Ascend’s online presence in order to drive impact for thousands of job seekers throughout Indiana. This position will also lead the creation of marketing materials, manage Ascend’s brand, and provide creative direction to ensure consistency and positive recognition for Ascend and our Ascend Network software product. The Director of Marketing will also collaborate with Ascend’s Network and Services teams to develop strategy, leverage key insights and advanced analytics, and guide Ascend’s overall marketing and communications execution. Finally, this individual will support the Vice President of Operations on high priority projects and initiatives as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must be...
A strategic thinker that is adept at creating and managing a comprehensive marketing strategy to increase awareness and engagement.
- You develop and manage Ascend’s marketing strategy, including the digital and traditional marketing mix needed to drive conversions and meet organizational goals, and create an annual marketing plan and budget.
- You guide product marketing for the Ascend Network software product to promote its benefits to prospective job seeker and employer users and enhance outcomes.
- You leverage data to guide outcome-driven decisions and create reporting processes, dashboards, and analytics metrics to guide efforts, as well as adjust existing campaigns, including email outreach and digital ads.
- You take charge of your learning and stay up to date on marketing and digital trends through available opportunities.
An experienced digital manager that cultivates Ascend’s online presence, including targeted, automated email and digital ad campaigns to increase engagement.
- You lead strategy and implementation for all owned digital channels, including social media platforms, website, newsletter, and blog.
- You plan, implement, and manage search, display, and social advertising campaigns, alongside vendors as appropriate.
- You create email templates and manage marketing email cadences for effective automated email campaigns.
- You manage list segmentation, including cleaning, dedupe-ing, and managing customer email lists for email outreach by the Ascend Network team leveraging Ascend’s customer relationship management (CRM) tool, Microsoft Dynamics.
- You optimize Ascend’s website for SEO and usability, and you devise strategies to drive traffic to ascendindiana.com.
- You think broadly about new growth strategies for Ascend’s digital channels and conduct ongoing analysis to monitor progress.
Adept at managing and advancing Ascend’s brand and associated materials.
- You oversee the application of our brand across the organization, including but not limited to website and digital channels, organizational resources (e.g., letterhead, business cards, memo template), and marketing materials for Ascend and the Ascend Network software product to a variety of audiences.
- You oversee the creation of digital marketing assets aligned to organizational messaging and brand.
- You oversee the creation of all marketing collateral (in Adobe InDesign, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.), providing creative input and design expertise, as well as ensuring consistency.
- You monitor brand exposure, both internally and externally, and use results to develop a brand management plan for the organization.
- You ensure branded templates are available to the team and teach new and existing staff members how to utilize them appropriately, internally and externally.
Energized to further Ascend’s strategy and impact alongside the Vice President and team.
- You serve as a member of the cross-functional leadership team.
- You think broadly about the impact of Ascend and optimize processes and structures to enhance outcomes for our stakeholders.
- You work alongside the Vice President to determine the short-term and long-term strategy and objectives of Ascend’s marketing efforts.
- You analyze data and outcomes, applying disciplined thought to underlying causes, proposing solutions to address those causes, and identifying solutions alongside the Vice President.
Adept at leading and managing a high-performing team.
- You motivate and encourage your AmeriCorps VISTA team member(s) to focus on high-impact activities and to maintain positive, sustained effort.
- You support recruitment, hiring, and onboarding efforts for high-performing individuals motivated by ambitious goals.
- You develop clear expectations for team members and communicate and measure against those expectations consistently.
- You meet weekly with individual team members to support their professional growth and ensure performance against goals to achieve organizational objectives.
Motivated by aggressive goals and driven to make an impact.
- You are organized and outcomes focused. You track progress daily and react quickly if you are not on track to accomplishing your goals.
- You break down goals and develop weekly, quarterly, and yearly plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- You manage and report against goals, priorities, and objectives to the Vice President.
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA from either an undergraduate or graduate institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing role.
- Demonstrated success in marketing strategy and digital advertising.
- Experience with email marketing software, database management, Google Analytics, data best practices, and social media management.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as experience with brand management and design strongly preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading projects and achieving ambitious, quantifiable outcomes.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable activities, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Ability to learn new technology tools and processes quickly.
- Record of successfully working collaboratively within a team.
- Demonstrate ethical handling of confidential information.
- Manager: Vice President of Operations, Ascend Indiana
- Direct Reports: 1-2
- Office location: 16 Tech, downtown Indianapolis, with temporary remote work
- Work week: 40+ hours/week
- Travel: Minimal
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Brown or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).