Manager of Consulting
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend Indiana collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
The Manager of Consulting is a critical member of the Ascend Services team, which develops and delivers innovative talent solutions to Ascend’s clients to solve complex talent and ecosystem challenges. The Manager of Consulting supports the identification of client needs, statement of work development, and solutions and strategy development. The Manager also supports multiple client engagements while owning delivery of high-quality presentations and plans in a fast-paced environment. Finally, the Manager also identifies and advances Ascend’s thought leadership through research and documentation of best practices and processes. The Manager is a more experienced team member looking to contribute thought leadership and strategic guidance to clients.
To be successful in this role you must be…
A motivated relationship builder interested in supporting Ascend Services’ business development efforts and scoping potential talent projects.
- You participate in business development activities by identifying potential partners, developing an outreach strategy, and participating in initial discussions to diagnose an organization’s talent needs.
- You draft client project proposals aligned to Ascend’s core capabilities and aimed to address client needs.
- You support all aspects of the process to secure new projects including provide ongoing, excellent, and timely service to potential partners.
Comfortable owning significant project workflows and deliverables for a variety of talent and strategic planning projects.
- You develop and execute project road maps and ensure alignment of tasks across the team.
- You are comfortable preparing for and executing client meetings.
- You work with the teams to analyze complex issues, identify trends and implications, and develop recommendations and guidance for clients.
- You manage activities and deadlines across the team to support these activities, course correcting and proposing recommendations to address challenges and issues when needed.
- You are comfortable with constantly changing workflow and creating clarity of ideas and the path forward for the team and our clients.
- You anticipate client and team needs and ensure projects, deliverables, and services are of the highest quality.
- You facilitate client meetings to effectively secure input and support the decision-making process.
- You provide timely and excellent client service and stewardship to retain clients and you lead renewals.
Excited by the opportunity to build and refine high quality deliverables alongside our team and partners.
- You develop outlines, roadmaps, and high-quality written deliverables through PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Adobe InDesign.
- You lead the collection and analysis of data, identify gaps, determine additional information needed, and develop recommendations.
- You present findings and project deliverables to clients, facilitate deliverable review discussions, and document feedback for future iterations.
- You partner with the Director, Analysts, and other team members to create, update, and finalize deliverables.
Motivated by aggressive goals and driven to make an impact.
- You are organized and outcomes-focused. You track progress daily and react quickly if you are not on track to accomplish your goals.
- You break down goals and develop weekly, quarterly, and yearly plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- You support team execution of project plans, as well as actively manage and revise project plans as projects evolve.
- You manage and report against goals, priorities, and objectives to the Director.
- You provide coaching and support to project team members as needed.
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA from either an undergraduate or graduate institution.
- 3+ years of applicable professional experience in a corporate or consulting environment.
- Experience managing client relationships preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and iterate in a constantly evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building, project management, and written and oral communication skills.
- A detail oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, dissect it into executable pieces, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and manage a team to project goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrate ethical handling of confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Manager: Director of Consulting, Ascend Indiana
- Office location: 16 Tech Innovation District with temporary hybrid work, in office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays each week.
- Work Week: 40+ hours/week
- Travel: Statewide (15% - 20%)
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).