Manager of Employer Partnerships
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend Indiana collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
The Manager of Employer Partnerships will build and maintain strong employer relationships to achieve partners’ objectives and address their talent needs. The Manager of Employer Partnerships will focus on building deep, trusted partnerships that create significant value for each employer in their portfolio. Through their work, they will capture individual employer information and aggregate workforce data to be shared with key internal and external stakeholders. Finally, the Manager of Employer Partnerships will support the Vice President of Talent Identification on high priority projects and research as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must be...
Able to manage a high volume of employer relationships to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- You onboard partner employers, understanding and documenting current hiring processes and talent demands.
- You serve as the primary account manager, leading partners from onboarding to the successful connection of early-in-career talent.
- You provide excellent and timely service to employers, leading to retention, renewal, and ultimately financial contribution to further Ascend’s impact.
- You generate high-quality PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and other written deliverables to support the onboarding, reporting, and relationship-building processes.
An excellent communicator who can effectively manage external partner relationships and translate solutions to internal stakeholders.
- You act as the trusted point of contact with an assigned portfolio of employer partners.
- You understand the unique talent demands for each employer and are able to communicate that demand internally clearly and effectively to the recruitment team to drive candidate outreach.
- You build relationships with each partner that allow you to advocate for qualified applicants quickly and effectively.
- You approach your work with a growth mindset and are able to easily identify opportunities to strengthen and expand partnership within existing employers.
- You develop systems and processes for securing and organizing employer feedback.
- You collect, compile, and enter information about employer partners into a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform and regularly communicate progress to Ascend staff and stakeholders.
Motivated by aggressive goals and driven to make an impact.
- You are organized and outcomes focused. You track your progress daily and react quickly if you are not on track to accomplishing your goals.
- You breakdown goals and develop weekly, quarterly, and yearly plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- You manage and report against goals, priorities, and objectives to the Vice President of Talent Identification
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA from either an undergraduate or graduate institution.
- 2 – 5 years of applicable education, business, non-profit, and/or government experience.
- Experience managing client relationships and account management preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading projects and achieving ambitious outcomes.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable activities, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Demonstrated ethical handling of confidential information.
- Track record of successfully working collaboratively within a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required.
- Manager: Vice President of Talent Identification, Ascend Indiana
- Direct Reports: 1 – 2
- Office location: Ascend Indiana, downtown Indianapolis
- Work week: 40+ hours per week
- Travel: Statewide
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Sheesley-Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).