Manager of Talent Acquisition
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
As part of the Human Assets team at Ascend, the Manager of Talent Acquisition will develop and drive results-oriented comprehensive recruitment plans aligned to Ascend’s vision and growth strategy. The Manager of Talent Acquisition will develop and implement recruitment strategies, network with partners and community organizations to source candidates, and guide hiring managers and candidates through the hiring process. The Manager of Talent Acquisition will also perform full-cycle talent acquisition activities including sourcing, pre-qualifying, and interviewing. Finally, the Manager of Talent Acquisition will also support high priority projects and strategic initiatives as requested by the Vice President of Operations.
To be successful in this role you must be...
Able to think strategically and develop a robust recruitment strategy to drive the growth of our team.
- You meet with the Vice President of Operations and hiring managers to determine staffing recruitment needs and selection criteria (i.e., role competencies, technical skills, requirements, etc.).
- You develop a robust organizational recruitment strategy grounded in our current growth plans and core values.
- You enhance current recruitment activities through advertising, attendance at job fairs, community and industry networking, and social media marketing.
- You create a strategy to further incorporate Predictive Index and other tools hiring into our existing hiring processes.
- You support the implementation and management of an ATS (Applicant Tracking System).
- You update and maintain internal candidate trackers, candidate application materials, interview templates and materials, and other hiring collateral.
- You ensure consistent implementation of our interview processes across hiring managers and teams.
Excited by the opportunity to identify and recruit high caliber talent that will allow us to advance our vision.
- You support the development and maintenance of job descriptions for current and future roles across teams.
- You create a sourcing strategy for each available role, document prospective talent pools, and identify measures of success.
- You proactively identify, qualify, and recruit candidates for a variety of full-time and part-time roles across all workstreams.
- You screen resumes, conduct interviews, and refer qualified candidates to the Vice President of Operations and hiring managers.
- You assist hiring managers in preparing for interviews including reviewing Predictive Index results, drafting interview questions, and creating role case materials.
- You coordinate all activities and communication throughout the recruiting process so that hiring managers and candidates are well informed and have a positive experience.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Operations, hiring managers, and other team members to ensure that hiring outcomes are met.
Motivated by aggressive goals and driven to make an impact.
- You are organized and outcomes focused. You track your progress daily and react quickly if you are not on track to accomplishing your goals.
- You break down goals and develop weekly, quarterly, and yearly plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- You manage and report against goals, priorities, and objectives to the Vice President of Operations.
- You provide additional human assets support to the Vice President of Operations as requested including organizational strategic initiatives.
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA from either an undergraduate or graduate institution.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in talent acquisition or recruitment across a variety of industries.
- Experience developing relationships with a wide variety of organizations and networks.
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading projects and achieving ambitious, quantifiable outcomes.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable activities, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Ability to learn new technology tools and processes quickly. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite preferred.
- Track record of successfully working collaboratively within a team.
- Demonstrate ethical handling of confidential information.
- Manager: Vice President of Operations, Ascend Indiana
- Office location: 16 Tech, downtown Indianapolis, with temporary hybrid work, in office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays each week.
- Work week: 40+ hours/week
- Travel: Statewide, 20%
- Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).