Quality Assurance + Support Associate
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
The Quality Assurance and Support Associate will ensure a great user experience for those using the Ascend Network to connect to open positions with Indiana employers. The Quality Assurance and Support Associate will conduct regular product testing to ensure it meets performance standards and meeting business requirements. In addition, the Quality Assurance and Support Associate will define processes for new product efforts to maintain an exceptional experience for users throughout the application. As an expert in the product and overall experience, they will also be responsible for managing customer support requests and resolve product issues alongside the development team. Finally, the Quality Assurance and Support Associate will also support the Manager of Product on high priority projects as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must be...
An adept problem-solver that enjoys gathering and analyzing information to resolve product issues.
- You provide product technical support by taking ownership for product issues (i.e., errors, bugs, etc.) reported by users through the resolution.
- You escalate product technical issues to appropriate internal staff and external vendors.
- You work to identify and document product issues, conduct testing, diagnose causes, and support implementing relevant and actionable solutions.
- You work with the Manager of Product to prioritize and manage relevant solutions and actions through sprint planning and product backlog.
- You ensure that all product issues, testing steps, solutions, and results are documented for future reference.
Detail-oriented with an ability to create and follow thorough instructions.
- You work alongside the Quality Assurance Technician to test new product features with a focus on usability and ensuring that business requirements are met.
- You document all support activities including product development, enhancement, engineering, and marketing activities.
- You document, track, and analyze opportunities to improve user success and satisfaction in collaboration with the Manager of Product.
Motivated by providing an exceptional customer experience for Ascend Network users.
- You represent the user in all testing to ensure the overall user experience is improved by the previous product sprint’s output.
- You work closely with the Manager of Product to prioritize, finalize, and release product updates based on the needs of the user.
- You provide timely and excellent customer service to users via email and phone.
- You communicate clearly both internally and externally.
Excited by the opportunity to create structure and define processes.
- You create, monitor, and update automated script testing as new product features are released to decrease reliance on manual testing over time.
- You develop and implement product troubleshooting guidelines and processes.
- You establish additional support channels beyond email to improve customer satisfaction and decrease time-to-resolution.
- You build and maintain a support library to help customers understand the product and how to help solve technical problems on their own.
Motivated by aggressive goals and driven to make an impact.
- You are organized and outcomes focused. You track your progress daily and react quickly if you are not on track to accomplishing your goals.
- You break down goals and develop weekly, quarterly, and yearly plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- You manage and report against goals, priorities, and objectives to the Manager of Product.
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA from either an undergraduate or graduate institution.
- 1-2 years of experience in quality assurance, information technology, software engineering, or customer support preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading projects and achieving ambitious, quantifiable outcomes.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable activities, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Ability to learn new technology tools and processes quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite preferred.
- Experience with Jira preferred.
- Track record of successfully working collaboratively within internal and external teams.
- Demonstrate ethical handling of confidential information.
- Manager: Manager of Product, Ascend Indiana
- Office location: 16 Tech, downtown Indianapolis, with temporary hybrid work
- Work week: 40+ hours/week
- Travel: None
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).