Spring 2023 Research & Learning Development Intern
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
The Research and Learning Development Intern will support the expansion and function of Ascend’s human assets efforts during a period of exciting growth. The Research and Learning Development Intern will conduct research on professional development metrics and evaluation best practices, as well as support the implementation of training and onboarding processes through the expansion of a learning management system (LMS). This individual will be also responsible for conducting research on a variety of training and professional development topics that will enable the team’s success. Finally, the Research and Learning Development Intern will support the Senior Manager of Talent Development on high priority projects and research as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must be…
Energized by the opportunity to strengthen Ascend’s onboarding and training processes through the expansion of a learning management system, Looop.
- You audit Ascend’s current onboarding and training resources to understand the current state.
- You conduct research on onboarding and training best practices utilizing Looop specific resources and best practices.
- You work with the Senior Manager of Talent Development to create timelines and project plans for the development, maintenance, and implementation of both current and new onboarding and training materials using Ascend’s project management tool, Monday.
- You work with the Ascend team to create targeted campaigns and materials for incoming team members.
- You update and maintain current materials to reflect key learnings from best practices research and team feedback.
- You institutionalize best practices, key learnings, and materials in Looop.
Interested in supporting the advancement of training and professional development content and metrics to further equip the team for success.
- You audit Ascend’s current training and professional development resources to understand the current state.
- You conduct best practice research on how similar mission-based, start-up, non-profit organizations approach training and professional development metrics and evaluation.
- You support the identification and development of training and professional development evaluation tools alongside the Senior Manager of Talent Development.
- You work alongside the Senior Manager of Talent Development to develop timelines and project plans for the creation of training templates materials using Monday.
- You support the development of training and professional development materials (e.g., agendas, memos, Power Points, etc.) that align with Ascend’s vision, mission, and core values.
- You support the implementation of training and professional development materials by uploading and maintaining content in Looop.
Adept at creating processes for long-term sustainability.
- You develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge and data generated through relevant projects.
- You create memos and instructions to assist staff with the implementation and management of internal human assets programs and initiatives.
- You organize and archive finalized materials in Ascend’s Box account.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate institution with 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Excellent analytical, writing, research and project management skills.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable pieces, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Track record of successfully working collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite preferred.
- Manager: Senior Manager of Talent Development, Ascend Indiana
- Office location: 16 Tech Innovation District with temporary hybrid work, in office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays each week.
- Required internship hours: up to 15 hours per week
- Pay Rate: $15 / hour
- Travel: Limited
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, employment application, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
The Marketing Intern will help further Ascend’s vision by designing collateral, writing content for the website and social media channels, researching marketing trends, analyzing data to measure progress, and supporting Ascend’s ongoing marketing and communications efforts as needed.
The Product Owner will ensure the Ascend Network product team is prioritizing the most important work and operating as effectively as possible.
The Business Development Intern will support the management and ongoing execution of employer sales and outreach across Marion County and the state.
The Consulting Intern will support a variety of projects focused on creating career opportunities in partnership with employers and education providers.
The Manager of Consulting is a critical member of the Ascend Services team, which develops and delivers innovative talent solutions to Ascend’s clients to solve complex talent and ecosystem challenges.
The Research and Learning Development Intern will support the expansion of Ascend’s human assets efforts by conducting research on professional development metrics and evaluation best practices, as well as supporting the implementation of training and onboarding processes through the expansion of a learning management system (LMS).