Spring 2022 Social Media + Marketing Intern
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
The Social Media and Marketing Intern will help further Ascend’s vision by developing, scheduling, and monitoring content for Ascend’s social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.); designing innovative strategies to drive social media engagement that leads to job seekers signing up for the Ascend Network; creating branded social media images and other collateral; analyzing data to measure progress; and supporting Ascend’s ongoing marketing and communications efforts as needed. Finally, the Social Media and Marketing Intern will support the Director of Development and Communications on high priority projects as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must be...
Excited by the opportunity to develop and manage engaging social media content across a variety of platforms.
- You write thoughtful and engaging content for Ascend’s Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts, ensuring consistency with Ascend’s brand and messaging.
- You develop a weekly social media calendar that aligns with Ascend’s current communications priorities and goals.
- You schedule social media posts to maximize viewership and engagement across all Ascend’s social media platforms and to drive Ascend Network sign-ups.
- You track, measure, and analyze all social media posts and campaigns and report on Ascend’s digital return on investment.
- You archive all materials and document relevant processes for use by Ascend staff.
Interested in creating visuals and innovative content to support Ascend’s marketing and communications efforts.
- You research and develop ideas to increase followers and engagement via Ascend’s social media channels (for example: Instagram stories; ‘Where are they now?’ posts; career advice, etc.).
- You design student success stories, employer announcements, and other Ascend branded visuals for upcoming social media posts.
- You develop original content for Ascend to share through a variety of mediums, including blogs and newsletters.
- You track and manage social media engagement through Google Analytics and other measures.
- You support additional content creation for communications and marketing activities as needed.
Able to successfully manage progress and track progress towards goals.
- You create memos and training materials to assist team members, including processes, materials, and other important information.
- You manage and report against daily and weekly goals, priorities, and objectives to the Director of Development and Communications.
- You provide additional support to the Director of Development and Communications as needed.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate institution with 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Excellent writing, analytical, research, and project management skills.
- Proficient in social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Experience with social media management software (e.g., Hootsuite, Bitly, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable pieces, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Track record of successfully working collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite preferred.
- Manager: Director of Development and Communications, Ascend Indiana
- Office location: Ascend, downtown Indianapolis. Hybrid with work in-office on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Time period: January - May 2022
- Required internship hours: 10-20 hours per week
- Stipend: $12 / hour
- Travel: None
- Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and employment application to Caitlin Brown.
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Brown or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).