Spring 2023 Business Development Intern
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
The Business Development Intern will support the management and ongoing execution of employer sales and outreach across Marion County and the state. The Business Development Intern will play a key role in identifying prospective employers for targeted outreach and capture comprehensive data throughout the sales process. The Business Development Intern will also assist in development of employer profiles within the Ascend Network, Ascend’s talent matching platform. Finally, the Business Development Intern will support the Director of Employer Engagement on high priority projects and research as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must be...
Excited by the opportunity to identify prospective employer partners, willing to apply persistence and creativity to publish a high volume of employer profiles and roles, and a process-oriented thinker to successfully execute high priority projects.
- You support the Director of Employer Engagement in the prospecting of potential community and employer partners to the Ascend Network.
- You create and maintain plans for prospecting employer partners from across Indiana at scale.
- You conduct research on potential employer partners to identify career pathways within the organization and determine fit for the Ascend Network.
- You steward and track relationships with potential employer partners with Ascend’s customer relationship management tool, Microsoft Dynamics.
- You draft and post dozens of employer profiles and roles to the Ascend Network with no errors and systematically check for broken links to outdated job postings.
Motivated by ambiguity and inspired to develop and enhance sales process to achieve aggressive goals.
- You develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge and data that is generated by the prospecting and sales process.
- You create memos and instructions to support the implementation and management of programs for both current and future team members.
- You organize and archive all materials created within Ascend’s shared drive.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate institution with 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Excellent analytical, writing, research and project management skills
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable pieces, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones and then execute effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite preferred
- Manager: Director of Employer Engagement, Ascend Indiana
- Office location: 16 Tech Innovation District with temporary hybrid work, in office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays each week.
- Required internship hours: up to 15 hours per week
- Pay Rate: $15 / hour
- Travel: Limited
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
The Marketing Intern will help further Ascend’s vision by designing collateral, writing content for the website and social media channels, researching marketing trends, analyzing data to measure progress, and supporting Ascend’s ongoing marketing and communications efforts as needed.
The Product Owner will ensure the Ascend Network product team is prioritizing the most important work and operating as effectively as possible.
The Business Development Intern will support the management and ongoing execution of employer sales and outreach across Marion County and the state.
The Consulting Intern will support a variety of projects focused on creating career opportunities in partnership with employers and education providers.
The Manager of Consulting is a critical member of the Ascend Services team, which develops and delivers innovative talent solutions to Ascend’s clients to solve complex talent and ecosystem challenges.
The Research and Learning Development Intern will support the expansion of Ascend’s human assets efforts by conducting research on professional development metrics and evaluation best practices, as well as supporting the implementation of training and onboarding processes through the expansion of a learning management system (LMS).