Spring 2023 Consulting Intern
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
Ascend Services is Ascend’s strategic consulting practice that serves as a liaison between organizations to address labor market and talent development gaps across the state. Ascend Services catalyzes transformative employer, education, and intermediary partnerships in pursuit of the organization’s vision.
The Consulting Intern will support a variety of projects focused on creating career opportunities in partnership with employers and education providers. Projects will include producing project deliverables; researching best practices; conducting landscape analyses on high priority talent issues; drafting memos and presentations to share research outcomes. The Consulting intern will also support the development of project plans, managing research and deliverables against timelines, and presenting findings. Finally, this individual will support the Director of Consulting and other team members on high priority projects and research as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must be...
Excited by the opportunity to create, execute, and implement plans for various talent pipeline and strategic planning projects in collaboration with employer and higher education partners.
- You support content development for strategic plans and talent pipeline projects including drafting strategic plan sections, executive summaries, landscape narratives, and PowerPoint decks for use by partners.
- You create tools and templates that can been used to replicate the process with other key stakeholders and partners as the organization grows.
- You coordinate discussions about Ascend programs with employer, university, and other community partners including developing engagement strategies prior to meetings and managing meeting next steps.
- You develop and revise project plans for client engagements alongside the team to ensure projects remain on-track.
Interested in conducting research to move current projects forward by synthesizing national, state, and local data across a myriad of workforce and economic development topics.
- You discover and review national, state, and local research for current projects focused on workforce development and economic development-related issues across a variety of industry sectors.
- You share findings through development of research memos and presentations.
- You research best practices on how other states are addressing similar issues.
- You organize and store research using memos, Power Point decks, and excel trackers for future use by the organization.
- You utilize research to support the development of statement of work sections help inform client discussions.
Able to successful manage progress and track progress towards goals.
- You create memos and training materials to assist team members with implementing and managing projects including processes, materials, and other important information.
- You manage and report against daily and weekly goals, priorities, and objectives to the Manager of Recruitment.
- You provide additional support to the Directors and Vice Presidents as needed.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate institution with at least a 3.3 minimum GPA.
- Excellent analytical, writing, research, and project management skills.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable pieces, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Track record of successfully working collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite preferred.
- Manager: Director or Manager of Consulting, Ascend Indiana
- Office location: Ascend Indiana, downtown Indianapolis
- Required internship hours: up to 15 hours per week
- Pay Rate: $15 / hour for undergraduate student
- Travel: Limited
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
The Marketing Intern will help further Ascend’s vision by designing collateral, writing content for the website and social media channels, researching marketing trends, analyzing data to measure progress, and supporting Ascend’s ongoing marketing and communications efforts as needed.
The Product Owner will ensure the Ascend Network product team is prioritizing the most important work and operating as effectively as possible.
The Business Development Intern will support the management and ongoing execution of employer sales and outreach across Marion County and the state.
The Consulting Intern will support a variety of projects focused on creating career opportunities in partnership with employers and education providers.
The Manager of Consulting is a critical member of the Ascend Services team, which develops and delivers innovative talent solutions to Ascend’s clients to solve complex talent and ecosystem challenges.
The Research and Learning Development Intern will support the expansion of Ascend’s human assets efforts by conducting research on professional development metrics and evaluation best practices, as well as supporting the implementation of training and onboarding processes through the expansion of a learning management system (LMS).