Summer 2023 Research & Learning Development Intern
Ascend Indiana (Ascend) is a fast-growing nonprofit on a mission to address Indiana’s workforce misalignment. Ascend’s vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all. An initiative of Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Ascend collaborates with corporate, education, philanthropic, and community partners, and is well-positioned to play a leadership role in addressing Indiana’s workforce challenges.
The Research & Learning Development Intern will support the expansion and function of Ascend’s human assets efforts during a period of exciting growth. The Research and Learning Development Intern will conduct research on professional development metrics and evaluation best practices, as well as support the implementation of training and onboarding processes through the expansion of a learning management system (LMS). This individual will also be responsible for conducting research on a variety of training and professional development topics that will enable the team’s success. Finally, the Research and Learning Development Intern will support the Senior Manager of Talent Development and Manager of Talent Acquisition on high priority projects and research as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must be...
Excited to identify and recruit high caliber talent that will allow Ascend to advance our vision, energized by the opportunity to strengthen Ascend’s onboarding and training processes, and interested in supporting the advancement of training and professional development content to further equip the team for long-term success.
Motivated by ambiguity and inspired to help develop and enhance recruitment and onboarding processes to achieve ambitious goals.
In this role, you will...
- Support the Senior Manager of Operations & Talent to create timelines and project plans for the research, development, maintenance, and implementation of both current and new onboarding and training materials using Ascend’s project management tool, Monday.
- Institutionalize best practices, key learnings, and materials in our learning management system, Looop.
- Conduct best practice research on how similar mission-based, start-up, non-profit organizations approach training and professional development metrics and evaluation.
- Support the development of training and professional development materials (e.g., agendas, memos, Power Points, etc.) that align with Ascend’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge and data generated through relevant projects.
- Review resumes and refer qualified candidates to the Manager of Talent Acquisition.
- Assist the Manager of Talent Acquisition in preparing for interviews, including reviewing Predictive Index results, phone screens, and updating candidate trackers.
- Organize and archive finalized materials in Ascend’s Box account.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate institution with at least a 3.3 minimum GPA.
- Interest in human resources, organizational development, and/or education.
- Excellent analytical, writing, research and project management skills.
- A detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable activities, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones, and then execute effectively.
- Ability to learn new technology tools and processes quickly. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite preferred.
- Track record of successfully working collaboratively within a team.
- Demonstrate ethical handling of confidential information.
- Manager: Senior Manager of Operations & Talent, Ascend Indiana
- Office location: 16 Tech Innovation District, downtown Indianapolis, with hybrid work (in office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays each week)
- Required internship hours: up to 40 hours per week
- Pay Rate: $15 / hr
- Travel: Limited
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and employment application to email@example.com
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Summer 2023 Research & Learning Development Intern
The Research & Learning Development Intern will support the expansion and function of Ascend’s human assets efforts during a period of exciting growth.
Summer 2023 Client Success Intern
The Client Success Intern will play a key role in supporting employers who are onboarding to or already leveraging the Ascend Network (Network), a talent matching platform designed to connect Indiana job seekers with good and promising jobs and work-based learning opportunities.
Summer 2023 Client Development Intern
The Client Development Intern will play a key role in identifying and enabling outreach to prospective employers to entice them to join the Ascend Network (Network), a talent matching platform designed to connect Indiana job seekers with good and promising jobs and work-based learning opportunities.
Manager of Consulting
The Manager of Consulting is a critical member of the Ascend Services team, which develops and delivers innovative talent solutions to Ascend’s clients to solve complex talent and ecosystem challenges.