Vice President of Network Operations
Ascend Indiana is a fast-growing non-profit organization based in Indianapolis, Indiana that is making our state a better place. Our vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all.
Our team members are driven by the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our community, develop innovative solutions to address the critical workforce challenges facing our state, and eager to learn along the way.
We’re looking for a Vice President of Network Operations to lead Ascend’s strategic and operational responsibilities related to the Ascend Network focused on connecting individuals with internships, jobs, and work-based learning opportunities across the state. The Vice President of Network Operations will:
- Develop a strategy for and securing employer and higher education partnerships, understanding both supply and demand.
- Implement strategies to support the implementation and expansion of the Ascend Network.
- Direct a sales team to meet and exceed the organization’s goals.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to drive the overall organizational strategy, as well as implement cross-workstream activities and functions.
- You develop employer partner sales strategies aligned to the organization’s key market, products, services, and goals leveraging data and trends.
- You lead the development of a sales plan and outreach strategy to support initial employer discussions, better understand their talent needs, and recommend strategies to support hiring through the Ascend Network.
- You lead a team to execute sales plans to meet annual and bi-annual goals as the organization and the Ascend Network expand.
- You lead the creation of a sustainable employer intake process to identify current and ongoing partner needs, as well as current internship and job openings, to ensure adoption of the Ascend Network.
- You develop a process for securing employer feedback and adjust strategies as needed to ensure success.
- You lead a partnership outreach strategy for higher education and talent provider partnerships that will allow Ascend to expand statewide and determine prioritization.
- You develop relationships with higher education and talent provider leadership alongside the CEO and other key stakeholders.
- You develop a process for securing higher education institution and talent provider feedback and adjust strategies as needed to ensure success.
- You work with external stakeholders to secure commitment to expand the Ascend Network to serve additional segments of the workforce.
- You work alongside the Network Product team to determine how to meet the needs of external stakeholders within our existing product framework while adapting to the needs of the partner organizations.
- You support the development and implementation of training for employer and higher education partners as they adopt the technology and stakeholder engagement processes within their organizations.
- You lead the creation of a process for collecting partner feedback to inform future partnerships.
- You advise the President and CEO and other members of the leadership team on key objectives, priorities, and goals for your team.
- You represent Ascend at all board and executive committee meetings, effectively communicating initiatives, programs, and progress-to-date.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of applicable consulting, education, business, non-profit, and/or government experience.
- Demonstrated track record of success in executing and growing strategic initiatives and projects with an unwavering commitment to producing quality programs and deliverables.
- Experience leading and managing high performing and outcomes-focused teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Experience in managing client relationships and accounts across a variety of sectors and industries.
- Evidence of the ability to make strategic decisions through a combination of data analysis, experience, and judgement.
- Strong written and verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work collaboratively both with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ethical handling of confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required.
What You'll Get with this Opportunity
- You will have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions, accomplish tangible goals, and to make real progress leading to systems-level change.
- Being part of an organization that is dedicated to our mission and core values as we seek to advance our vision across the state.
- Working with people who care about you and support your professional development, but also challenge each other to be the best professional version of themselves.
- Office location: 16 Tech Innovation District with temporary hybrid work, in office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays each week.
- You will report to Ascend’s President & CEO.
- You will have 2-3 direct reports.
- You can expect to work 40+ hours per week.
- You can expect to spend approximately 15% of your time traveling across the state for meetings and events.
- 100% of your healthcare and premiums are paid for both individuals and families.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous match - 5% contributed by the employer regardless of employee contribution and up to an additional 5% employee voluntary contribution eligible to be matched by the employer.
- Company paid group life benefits as well as company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) including 18 company holidays!
How to Apply
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).