Vice President of Product Development
Ascend Indiana is a fast-growing non-profit organization based in Indianapolis, Indiana that is making our state a better place. Our vision is for Indiana to be a place of economic opportunity for all.
Our team members are driven by the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our community, develop innovative solutions to address the critical workforce challenges facing our state, and eager to learn along the way.
We’re looking for a Vice President of Product Development to lead the ongoing development and execution of the Ascend Network platform and support technology to meet the organization’s objectives. The Vice President of Product Development will:
- Develop product plans, creating top-level product schedules, and determining product delivery milestones alongside a product development team.
- Support the advancement of Ascend’s statewide growth strategy by expanding the existing product to serve additional segments of the workforce.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to drive the overall organizational strategy, as well as implement cross-workstream activities and functions.
- You develop a strong product vision, architecture, and framework to support the organization’s overall product strategy.
- You develop and implement full-cycle product roadmaps from concept to launch to ensure alignment with Ascend’s goals and objectives.
- You lead the creation of a continuous improvement plan for ongoing platform development utilizing technical, competitive, and trend analysis, as well as user feedback.
- You work alongside the cross-functional team to monitor and support strategic product marketing plans to drive candidate sign-ups and connections alongside the Network team.
- You collaborate internally and externally to identify end-user product requirements and specifications.
- You leverage computer-aided design (CAD) and wireframe software to visualize product iterations and design.
- You determine product specifications based on the organization’s current and future strategic direction.
- You work closely with engineers, developers, and project management, both internally and externally, to influence, assist, or improve product development.
- You collaborate with internal and external product development teams to conduct product testing before launching new features and applications.
- You manage a team to troubleshoot, debug, maintain, and improve the existing Ascend Network.
- You lead the development of technical documentation to guide future iterations of the Ascend Network.
- You lead the development of Ascend’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool, Microsoft Dynamics, and implement CRM policies and processes across the organization.
- You oversee the creation of systems and processes to capture and track how data is stored, accessed, and leveraged through the Network, CRM, and Box.
- You lead the implementation of Ascend’s data security protocols and procedures to ensure compliance with CICP, data sharing agreements, and national standards.
- You ensure that technology and cybersecurity standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- You work alongside the Ascend Network team to expand Ascend’s existing technology to serve additional segments of the workforce.
- You define product placement and pricing strategies alongside Ascend’s statewide expansion efforts.
- You understand user requirements and determine how to meet those requirements within our existing product framework while adapting to the needs of the partner organizations.
- You manage both external and internal design and development teams to build the expanded product.
- You manage the development and implementation of training for expansion partners as they adopt the technology and processes within their organizations.
- You lead the creation of a process for collecting partner and user feedback on product expansion to inform future partnerships and products.
- You advise the President and CEO and other members of the leadership team on key objectives, priorities, and goals for your team.
- You represent Ascend at all board and executive committee meetings, effectively communicating initiatives, programs, and progress-to-date.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of applicable product development and product strategy experience.
- Proficiency in popular coding languages with an emphasis on Python.
- Experience with leveraging the React framework in software development.
- Advanced knowledge of tech stack to build and maintain web and mobile applications.
- Demonstrated track record of success in executing and growing strategic initiatives and projects with an unwavering commitment to producing quality programs and deliverables.
- Experience leading and managing high performing and outcomes-focused teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Experience in managing client relationships and accounts across a variety of sectors and industries.
- Evidence of the ability to make strategic decisions through a combination of data analysis, experience, and judgement.
- Strong written and verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work collaboratively both with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ethical handling of confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required.
What You'll Get with this Opportunity
- You will have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions, accomplish tangible goals, and to make real progress leading to systems-level change.
- Being part of an organization that is dedicated to our mission and core values as we seek to advance our vision across the state.
- Working with people who care about you and support your professional development, but also challenge each other to be the best professional version of themselves.
- Office location:16 Tech Innovation District with temporary hybrid work, in office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays each week.
- You will report to Ascend’s President & CEO.
- You will have 5-8 direct reports.
- You can expect to work 40+ hours per week.
- You can expect to spend approximately 15% of your time traveling across the state for meetings and events.
- 100% of your healthcare and premiums are paid for both individuals and families.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous match - 5% contributed by the employer regardless of employee contribution and up to an additional 5% employee voluntary contribution eligible to be matched by the employer.
- Company paid group life benefits as well as company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) including 18 company holidays!
How to Apply
CICP grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. CICP provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com or 317.464.5412.
Responsibilities for this role include interacting with student personally identifiable information (PII). As a condition of access, you are responsible for taking steps to protect the confidentiality of student PII in both electronic and physical form. All responsibilities relating to student PII must be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).